ENGEL & VÖLKERS
SCOPE OF WORK
Since 2015, Matte PR has acted as the agency of record for Engel & Völkers. Our work positions the brand and its thought leaders through strategic media relations targeting real estate trade and consumer.
On a bi-annual basis, Matte PR authors two real estate market reports covering major metropolitan areas including Halifax, Montréal, Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver.
Our team’s mandate is centred on identifying newsworthy opportunities for Engel & Völkers’ thought-leaders and raising public awareness of high-profile real estate deals, new shops and overall brand growth.
STRATEGY & EXECUTION
While Engel & Völkers is a household name in Europe, it was largely unknown in Canada when it arrived. Our challenge was to design a media relations strategy that would help media, industry and the public familiarize themselves with the company. Our work centred on securing media coverage in leading industry publications, helping Engel & Völkers attract and sign new license partners. Matte PR supports new license partners by helping them garner awareness for their shops locally and nationally.
In 2018, Matte PR and Engel & Völkers collaborated to develop its real estate market report. Born out of true partnership, this report was created as a tool to help advance media relations efforts and secure top-tier coverage for the brand’s license partners. Our scope of work includes project management, data collection, data analysis, report writing, media material production, media relations and campaign execution.
Since 2015, Engel & Völkers’ reach and influence in Canada has grown exponentially. In fact, Canada has grown faster than any other market Engel & Völkers has entered. In 2020, Engel & Völkers received 273 media placements in Canada, for a total reach of 645,910,776.
Our work has also helped Engel & Völkers’ license partners secure and sell high value and celebrity home listings, including Wayne Gretzky, Alanis Morissette and Mario Lemieux.
The introduction of the market report helped Engel & Völkers increase its number of media placements by over 70 per cent within two years. It helped position Engel & Völkers’ experts as thought leaders within their respective niche areas, resulting in increased inbound media requests and top-tier media placements.
In 2020, Engel & Völkers increased its commission revenues by approximately 14 per cent and posted more than $32 billion USD in transaction volume on a global level. Production in the Americas increased by 38.4 per cent.
Click through our press highlights:
- BNN Bloomberg: What luxury real estate listings look like across Canada
- Calgary Herald: Move along boomer, the Millennials want in
- CTV News Montreal: Quebec mansion famous for Adele’s ‘Easy On Me’ video is now for sale for $5.5M
- Curiocity: This $21 million winery for sale is like owning a piece of italy
- Daily Hive: Canadian real estate where Adele filmed “Easy on Me” listed for $5.5 million
- Globe and Mail: Former home of hockey great has four-season comfort
- Globe and Mail: The most expensive homes sold in 2022
- Globe and Mail: Toronto’s luxury buyers take off the gloves
- MTL Blog: What a $1.68 million top-floor condo in Montreal’s habitat 67 looks like
- Montreal Gazette: Real estate: Montreal one of Canada’s hottest markets for luxury homes
- National Post: How baby boomers are breaking Canada’s real estate market
- Ottawa Business Journal: Luxury Ottawa home sales buck slowdown trend, up 8.6% in 2022
- Ottawa Citizen: Homes: Across Canada, luxury living starts to take on new meaning
- Ottawa Citizen: Top 10 real estate trends for 2020
- Ottawa CTV news: Home sales over $1 million account for 12 per cent of all properties sold in Ottawa
- Real Estate Magazine: Whistler named among world’s top most exclusive ski resorts
- Storeys: Interest rates force Vancouver Real Estate Market into Stalemate
- Storeys: To Ban or Not to Ban? Critics Call Canada’s Foreign Buyers Ban ‘Political Theatre’
- Vancouver Sun: Home’s fabulous layout, modern design attract multiple buyers