The ICCO Air Canada Business Excellence Awards Gala at the Liberty Grand celebrates Italian entrepreneurial and business leadership
The Italian Chamber of Commerce of Ontario Canada’s (ICCO Canada) annual ICCO Air Canada Business Excellence Awards took place on May 25 at the Liberty Grand. The annual awards ceremony recognizes outstanding entrepreneurs demonstrating exceptional leadership, innovation and growth in their areas of expertise.
“We are thrilled to partner with Air Canada to celebrate achievements and contributions of some of the most exceptional businesspeople and community builders,” said Corrado Paina, ICCO Canada Executive Director.
The evening began with a cocktail reception and networking before moving into the dining room for dinner and the awards presentation. The ICCO also revealed renderings of its current major project, Camera – a street-level space on College St. that will soon be a community hub for connecting entrepreneurs from Italy and Canada.
The 2023 ICCO Air Canada BEA honourees were:
- Business Excellence Award sponsored by Air Canada – John F. Prato, CFA Deputy Chair TD Securities
- Community Building Award sponsored by Montecassino Inc. – Carmine Nigro, President, Craft Development Corporation
- Businesswoman of the Year Award sponsored by RBC Royal Bank – Laura Dottori-Attanasio, President and incoming CEO, Element Fleet Management
- Italy-Canada Award sponsored by Unico Inc. & Primo Foods – Robert Pietrobon, President & CEO, Zaneen Lighting
- Design & Architecture Award – Giannone-Petricone Associates
- Next Generation Award – Lauren Tedesco, Senior VP, APMA
- Arts, Science, & Culture Award – Dr. Giuseppe Papia, Chair of the Division of Vascular Surgery Department of Surgery, University of Toronto
- Innovation Award – Marco Margiotta, CEO, Payfare Inc.
ICCO Canada is an independent, non-profit business organization whose aim is to enhance and promote investments, trade, and cultural alliances among visionaries, entrepreneurs, and global organizations in Canada and in Italy.