THIS IS THE DEAL
Matte PR is brought to you through the hard work and collaboration of an eclectic group of people. One thing we have in common is our commitment to leaving the world a better place than we found it. It’s important to us to be mindful of how our work impacts communities and the planet. This is why we created THE DEAL.
THE DEAL is we give back 3% of our annual revenue to causes important to our local and global communities. So, for every $1000 you spend with us, $30 automatically goes towards helping others.
We are proud to support Swim Drink Fish through our membership with 1% for the Planet. Beaches rule, which is why we also host beach cleanups on the Toronto Islands each spring and fall. The second 1% is donated to Migrant Offshore Aid Station (MOAS), an international humanitarian aid organization dedicated to creating safe passageways for the world’s most vulnerable communities. In 2014, MOAS’ flagship vessel, the Phoenix, left the Malta Grand Harbour on the first ever private search and rescue as a response to cross-Mediterranean migration from Africa to Europe. Today it provides emergency medical aid and assistance to the conflict-affected civilians in hot zones around the globe, helping them reach safety.
Lastly, 1% is donated to Canadian organizations advancing important social justice causes supporting women and LGBTQ2S+ rights, racial equity and ending homelessness.
Our operations strategy is actively guided by our climate conscious mandate.
Our Climate Conscious Mandate
- We’re committed to the seasonal practice of climate-positive actions in our community.
- Fossil fuel is yesterday’s economy. Our finances are not invested in supporting activities harmful to our climate.
- We’re committed to starting conversations with elected representatives and voicing our concern on environmental issues.
- We seek out brand partners committed to cutting their carbon emissions and help them strategize how.
- We are actively shrinking our environmental footprint while growing our operation, reducing greenhouse gas emissions and fuel usage as much as possible.
- We’re zero waste. No paper. No office supplies. We strictly use Microsoft Surface, a brand committed to being carbon negative by 2030.
- We check our supply chain consists of climate-positive suppliers and prioritize local and independent brands run by women, LGBTQ2S+ and BIPOC entrepreneurs.
- We work within the fashion industry to help brands operate as sustainably as possible, including consulting on production and material sourcing.
- We minimize business travel as much as possible. We encourage taking public transit, walking and biking when commuting.
- We revisit these actions annually.