Matte PR is brought to you through the hard work and collaboration of an eclectic group of people. One thing we have in common is our commitment to leaving the world a better place than we found it.
It’s important to us to be mindful of how our work impacts communities and the planet. So, on top of our ongoing efforts to become even more sustainable as we grow, we created THE DEAL.
What’s THE DEAL?
THE DEAL is we’ll give back 3% of our annual revenue to causes important to our local and global communities. So, for every $1000 you spend with us, $30 automatically goes towards helping others.
We have a clear vision of the causes that are really important to us locally and globally. First, we are proud partners of 1% for the Planet. That means 1% of your purchase with us is distributed to a group of important environmental organizations. We only get one planet. Let’s take care of it.
Treating people with dignity and respect while working towards equity, no matter what is important to us. This is why we choose to give 1% to Migrant Offshore Aid Station (MOAS), an international humanitarian aid organization dedicated to helping the world’s most vulnerable communities.
MOAS began operating as a response to cross-Mediterranean migration from Africa to Europe. Over 20,000 migrants have died trying to cross the Mediterranean. In 2014, MOAS’ flagship vessel, the Phoenix, left the Malta Grand Harbour on the first ever private search and rescue initiative of its kind. Between August 2014 and 2017 over 40,000 people were rescued that would have otherwise been left out at sea by the EU and those in the Schengen zone. Today, MOAS’ Safe Passages program works to create safe pathways for migrants all over the globe, diverting them away from dangerous human traffickers.
Lastly, 1% is donated to Canadian organizations advancing important social justice causes. We will actively support organizations that fight for LGBTQ2S+ rights, women’s rights, racial equity and ending homelessness.
Our Climate Conscious Mandate
- We’re committed to the seasonal practice of climate-positive actions in our community.
- We’re committed to starting conversations with elected representatives and voicing our concern on environmental issues.
- We support clients to develop climate-conscious plans and we seek out brand partners committed to cutting their carbon emissions.
- We are actively shrinking our environmental footprint while growing our operation, reducing greenhouse gas emissions and fuel usage as much as possible.
- We’re zero waste. No paper. No office supplies. We strictly use Microsoft Surface, a brand committed to being carbon negative by 2030.
- We check our supply chain consists of climate-positive suppliers, we prioritize local and independent brands run by women, LGBTQ+ and BIPOC entrepreneurs.
- We work within the fashion industry to help brands operate as sustainably as possible, including consulting on fabrication, production, and material sourcing.
- Fossil fuel is yesterday’s economy. Our finances are not invested in supporting activities harmful to our climate, especially the tar sands.
- We minimize business travel as much as possible, especially flights (when flying becomes a thing again). We encourage taking public transit, walking and biking.
- We’ll continue to review and update these actions annually.
What do you think?
Let’s make a deal. Tell us what specific causes you care about and we promise to review them. If it’s something we would like to add to our list, we’ll let you know. Say hi at email@example.com.